Strengthening & Focusing Your System Before Winter
April 11th - 15th:
Spiralling Energy Body Qigong:
The energy engine of taoist qi practices
Spiralling Energy Body (SEB) is the theory and practice of the complete energy work powering Taoist Qi practices. It can be thought of as their “energy engine”.
It is first necessary to learn the fluid work of qigong. Having become familiar with “water” and its more yin energies, SEB then balances and completes the practice through fully demonstrating how yin (water) and yang (fire) energies manifest, interact and balance in points, channels and the energetic field. This fully balances and completes the work begun through the fluid work of qigong. SEB is only overly yang or fiery if it is poorly understood and practised - its purpose among others is in fact to fully balance our energy
- All are welcome with at least 6 months’ experience at Oxinar or equivalent
- You may come to as many days as you like, but starting at the beginning. The more the better, but even a day or two is helpful
In this retreat, we will show very precisely how to understand and perform SEB to balance yin and yang energy, and then how to develop our energy system on the basis of this balance. Beginners are welcome on the proviso that they intend eventually to attend a training in SEB with B.K. Frantzis. More advanced practitioners will clarify their knowledge and take their practice substantially further, including developing how "the mind moves the chi, the chi moves the body", the essence of SEB
- All retreats will be taught integrating meditation, some more so, others less so, depending on whether the qigong material is newer & more demanding for participants or not
- Everyone will benefit from individual corrections and suggestions
- We will form groups as needed so everyone may progress at their ideal pace
- I may run a Friday evening workshop the day before the retreat for those who are newer or less familiar with working with their fluids. Please let me know if you are interested asap!
Other Aspects We Will Explore:
- Clarity on the nature of yin and yang energy
- How SEB balances the softness, cohesiveness and groundedness of yin energies with the liveliness and connectivity of yang energies. This re-balances excessive “yin energies” such as stagnancy, apathy, introvertedness and detachment, and excessive “yang energies” such as agitation, obsessive compulsiveness, and a lack of centre
- How SEB particularly strengthens the heart and circulation
- How SEB enables much greater development of stillness and relaxation when outputting energies of any kind at gradually greater intensity, suddenness and change of direction (SEB is central to Ba Gua Chang). This core meditative aspect of SEB can enable us to more easily and effectively integrate our presence, centeredness and relaxation into the endless movements and demands on our energy which make up life. We will explore this
EMAIL ME IF YOU'D LIKE TO BOOK OR IF YOU HAVE ANY QUERIES
The teacher, Gio Maschio, has been teaching for 25 years and running regular retreats since 2004, focusing on self-healing and meditation. He was OK’d by Bruce to introduce Spiralling Energy Body publicly in preparation for Bruce’s Oxford Spiralling Retreat in 2018, having already clarified and developed Spiralling Energy Body with intermediate students at Oxford Internal Arts over several years. He is one of BK Frantzis most experienced students, certified to teach all Energy Arts subjects, has studied with a number of other teachers and masters especially in the field of meditation, and is founder of the Qigong for Acupuncturists course at the UK's largest college of Chinese medicine, running the program for 15 years. He also hosts Bruce's yearly retreats on qigong and meditation in Oxford
South Leigh Village Hall a beautiful, light, warm hall with large private garden and outside seating in a quiet village just north of Oxford. Free parking is available.
If you don't have a car, lifts will be available from Oxford town centre from other participants at the event, contact me if you need a lift
For the weekend we will be going to Worton Organic Farm for an excellent lunch in a beautiful, nearby, natural place. This will need to be booked in advance!
There is a also good gastropub in South Leigh itself, two minutes walk away.
People can also bring their own supplies, we have a very good kitchen and fridge available.
Timing of the Days:
10.30am - 6.00pm. We may vary this a little depending of what attendees prefer
Booking, Early Bird Payment & Discounts:
Early Bird Full Payment by March 16th!
£75/day for the first, second and third day you attend
£60/day for the fourth and fifth days
- First Oxinar Workshop? 10% Discount
- Full time students pay £55 per day throughout
- Long-Time Regular Attendees: 10% Discount (regular attendees of seminars and retreats for the last 2+ years)
Prices After March 16th:
- Add 15% to the Early Bird prices.
- Discounts no longer apply other than discount offered if this is your first workshop
N.B. If you have any difficulties booking by the Early Bird cut-off date or if you cannot afford the full fee but would like to attend please email me
Places to Stay:
Here are some useful links for places to stay in and around Oxford, N.B. there is often a map option and several search filters which are very helpful. If you are interested in sharing accommodation, let us know and we will put you in touch with others. Occasionally local participants at retreats have also some room at their houses, if you are interested let us know
- For self-catering, B&B, camping, hotels etc, try these links: Link 1 Link 2. If you're looking into backpackers etc, the YHA is much the best option
- To rent rooms in Oxford University Colleges
- For airbnb.com where you can rent apartments, cottages, houses, or even just a room in a house often at very good value, especially if a number of you are clubbing together
- For more cottages in the area
- For accommodation in the Cotswold area just north of Oxford (including hotels, B&B, cottages, Farmhouse stays, camping etc), you can also try these links: Link 1 Link 2
PLEASE EMAIL ME TO BOOK OR IF YOU HAVE ANY QUERIES
Keep very well!