Strengthening & Focusing Your System Before Winter
Spring Retreat: April 6th - 10th 2018
Breathing, Standing Postures & Heaven & Earth Qigong
- Dissolving, Moving Fluids and Spiralling to Open the Body, Chi and Mind - Part 1
- Part 2 will be July 20th - 24th
Early Bird Discount until March 18th
South Leigh Hall, Just Outside Oxford
Taoist Breathing, Standing Energy Postures & Heaven & Earth Qigong are simple, synergistic (working better together than alone) and perhaps the most direct and effective qigong practices for everyday use and everyday issues, be they health or sporting. I talked to Bruce about this many years ago, and he confirmed the same
Together these form the foundation of Bend the Bow Spinal Qigong which Bruce will be teaching in Oxford in October (Heaven & Earth Qigong is in fact Bend the Bow Spinal Qigong Part 1)
Over the Last Two Years we explored first how fluid pressures and natural spring combine and begin to naturally open the body and chi without force; and second how to begin to move more fluid and energy through the system, clearing stagnancy, opening the body and developing our chi
- As we circulate and dissolve our fluids and chi progressively more deeply, we can more naturally and easily activate progressively deeper internal processes in our body (e.g. lengthening, twisting & spiralling the tissues, pumping the fluids in and so opening and closing the joints, cavities and spine etc) as part of this flow
- Developing this circulation simultaneously enables us to more naturally and easily become aware of our higher energetic qualities (emotional body, mental body, etc), and so through dissolving to become more familiar with openness (spaciousness) in all situations
- Gradually introducing Spiralling Energy Body further relaxes and empowers this process
This year we continue the second phase:
- Clearly moving blood, fluids and energy through every part of the body - clearing every part & nourishing every part (including all the organs and brain)
- Moving fluids and energy through different layers of body
- Releasing and opening the tissues at each layer
- Activating and releasing the energy gates at each layer
- Activating the opening and closing of the joints, cavities and spine
- Dissolving energy downwards, upwards, forwards, backwards, side to side and centre to periphery as best suits each person
- Opening the energetic field
- Beginning to join to the energies of Heaven & Earth to facilitate all this
- Exploring how to make use of the centering and relaxation of our energy to release into greater openness and spontaneity
- For those who are familiar with Spiralling Energy Body Qigong, we will also make more use of this to help open and move energy through the points and layers
We may make use of aspects of Energy Gates Qigong, Spiralling Energy Body and Bend the Bow Qigong as benefits participants best.
We will continue this process in our July Retreat, focusing especially on integrating Spiralling Energy Body.
- All are welcome with at least 6 months’ experience at Oxinar or equivalent
- We will form groups as needed so everyone may progress at their ideal pace
- I may run a Friday evening workshop the day before the retreat for those who are newer or less familiar with the Heaven & Earth form: Please let me know if you might be interested!
EMAIL ME IF YOU'D LIKE TO BOOK OR IF YOU HAVE ANY QUERIES
The teacher, Gio Maschio, has been and teaching for nearly 25 years and running regular retreats since 2004, focusing on self-healing and meditation. He is one of BK Frantzis most experienced students certified to teach all Energy Arts subjects, has studied with a number of other teachers and masters especially in the field of meditation, and is founder of the Qigong for Acupuncturists course at the UK's largest college of Chinese medicine, running the program for 15 years. He also hosts Bruce's yearly retreats on qigong and meditation in Oxford
South Leigh Village Hall a beautiful, light, warm hall with large private garden in a quiet village just north of Oxford, with free parking available.
If you don't have a car, lifts will be available from Oxford town centre from other participants at the event, contact me if you need a lift
For the weekend we will be going to Worton Organic Farm for an excellent lunch in a beautiful, nearby, natural place. This will need to be booked in advance!
Other days, there is a good gastro pub in South Leigh itself, two minutes walk away.
People can also bring their own supplies, we have a kitchen and fridge available
Timing of the Days:
10.30am - 6.00pm. We may vary this a little depending of what attendees prefer
Booking, Early Bird Payment & Discounts:
Early Bird Full Payment by March 18th
£75 for the first, second and third day you attend
£60 for the fourth and fifth days
- First Oxinar Workshop? 10% Discount
- Long-Time Regular Attendees: 10% Discount (regular attendees of seminars and retreats for the last 2+ years)
- Full time students pay £55 per day throughout
Prices After March 18th:
- Add 15% to the Early Bird prices
- Discounts no longer apply other than discount offered if this is your first workshop
N.B. If you have any difficulties booking by the Early Bird cut-off date or if you cannot afford the full fee but would like to attend please email me
Places to Stay:
Here are some useful links for places to stay in and around Oxford, N.B. there is often a map option and several search filters which are very helpful. If you are interested in sharing accommodation, let us know and we will put you in touch with others. Occasionally local participants at retreats have also some room at their houses, if you are interested let us know
- For self-catering, B&B, camping, hotels etc, try these links: Link 1 Link 2. If you're looking into backpackers etc, the YHA is much the best option
- To rent rooms in Oxford University Colleges
- For airbnb.com where you can rent apartments, cottages, houses, or even just a room in a house often at very good value, especially if a number of you are clubbing together
- For more cottages in the area
- For accommodation in the Cotswold area just north of Oxford (including hotels, B&B, cottages, Farmhouse stays, camping etc), you can also try these links: Link 1 Link 2
PLEASE EMAIL ME TO BOOK OR IF YOU HAVE ANY QUERIES
Keep very well!