Qigong and tai chi seminars
OXFORD WORKSHOPS & RETREATS 2018
The teacher, Gio Maschio, has been teaching for nearly 25 years and running regular retreats since 2004, focusing on self-healing and meditation. He is one of BK Frantzis most experienced students studying continuously with him since the mid-nineties and certified to teach all "Energy Arts" subjects. He founded Oxford Internal Arts in 2003 and developed the Qigong for Acupuncturists course at the UK's largest college of Chinese medicine, running the program for 15 years. He has also studied with a number of other teachers and masters, especially in the field of meditation, and hosts BK Frantzis' yearly retreats on qigong and meditation in Oxford
About Workshops / Seminars & Retreats in General:
Much of the function of weekly classes is as a weekly relaxation and re-balancing session to release the tensions built up during the week, with some time also dedicated to developing your knowledge and ability.
Workshops and retreats allow much longer periods to develop your internal awareness and ability in a group energy enabling you to make jumps in your ability and understanding. This is invaluable if you are interested in going deeper into the subjects and so helps you get more from your practise. People report that workshops and retreats deepen their level of practise and that they generally have a nice time, as there is a relaxed but coherent learning environment like in classes. We recommend them for anyone wanting to really get into the Internal Arts
You can attend day 1, or 1 + 2, or 1+2+3, etc up to all 5 days. The more you can stay the better, but a day or two can be very helpful too
In general, all levels are catered for with a minimum of one terms' experience or equivalent at O.I.A., see individual workshop or retreat information for details
FOR COMPLETE INFORMATION, ANY QUERIES OR TO BOOK, PLEASE EMAIL HERE
- Spring Retreat: April 7th - 11th
- Early Summer Retreat: June 23rd - 27th tbc - Details very soon
- Late Summer Retreat: September or Early October tbc - Details very soon
- Winter Meditation Retreat: January 2019
April 7th - 11th 2018
Early Bird Discount Payment by 15th March 2018
South Leigh Hall, Just outside Oxford
Opening & Balancing the Body, Fluids, Chi & Mind:
Meditation, Standing Postures, & Heaven & Earth Qigong
Over the Last Two Years, using mostly Standing Postures and the Heaven & Earth form, we have essentially covered, elementally speaking, how “water meets wood”:
I will review all of this during the first day of this April Retreat and as needed throughout, and show how it applies to Cloud Hands qigong to those who are familiar with Cloud Hands
This essentially prepares the body, energy and mind to be in an ideal condition to move more energy through the system, clearing stagnancy and opening our energies
This year, we are ready to go into this next phase:
- Activating the different layers of energy in the body
- Moving energy through the layers in the body clearing stagnancy increasing the energy in each layer
- Releasing and opening the tissues at each layer
- Activating and releasing the energy gates during this
- Activating the opening and closing of the joints, cavities and spine during this
- Opening the energetic field
- Dissolving energy downwards, upwards, forwards, backwards, side to side and centre to periphery as best suits each person
- Working with the right, left and central channel of energy (as taught by Bruce Frantzis in Oxford in 2015)
- Beginning to join to the energies of Heaven & Earth to facilitate all this
- Exploring how to make use of the gradual centering and relaxation of our energy to become present naturally and release into greater openness and spontaneity
All this is more how “water meets wood meets fire”, where we begin to fully open and maximise our energy.
For those who are familiar with Spiralling Energy Body Qigong, we will also occasionally make use of this to help open the energy throughout the layers and points.
As discussed, Standing Postures will be used to help in all this, and specifically non-symmetrical postures to help re-balance our fluids, body chi and mind, as they are invaluable in this. We will most likely make use of some key symmetrical postures also
- All are welcome with at least one year's experience at Oxinar or equivalent
- We will form groups as needed so everyone may progress at their ideal pace. Those newer to this will work more with the "water meets wood" phase (see top)
- I may run a Friday evening workshop the day before the retreat for those who are newer or less familiar with the Heaven & Earth form: Please let me know if you might be interested!
South Leigh Village Hall a beautiful, light, warm hall with large private garden in a quiet village just north of Oxford, with free parking available.
If you don't have a car, lifts will be available from Oxford town centre from other participants at the event, contact me if you need a lift
For the weekend we will be going to Worton Organic Farm for an excellent lunch in a beautiful, nearby, natural place. This will need to be booked in advance!
Other days, there is a good gastropub in South Leigh itself, two minutes walk away.
People can also bring their own supplies, we have a kitchen and fridge available
Timing of the Days:
10.30am - 6.00pm. We may vary this a little depending of what attendees prefer
Booking, Early Bird Payment & Discounts:
Early Bird Full Payment by March 15th:
£70 for the first, second and third day you attend
£55 for the fourth and fifth days
- First Oxinar Workshop? 10% Discount
- Full time students pay £55 per day throughout
- Long-Time Regular Attendees: 10% Discount (regular attendees of seminars and retreats for the last 2+ years)
Prices After March 15th:
Add 15% to the Early Bird prices.
Discounts no longer apply other than discount offered if this is your first workshop
N.B. If you have any difficulties booking by the Early Bird cut-off date or if you cannot afford the full fee but would like to attend please email me
Accommodation in Oxford:
Here are some useful links for places to stay in and around Oxford (N.B. there is often a map option and several search filters which are very helpful). If you are interested in sharing accommodation, let us know and we will put you in touch with others. Sometimes local participants at retreats have room at their houses, if you are interested let us know
For self-catering, B&B, camping, hotels etc, try these links: Link 1 Link 2. If you're looking into backpackers etc, the YHA is much the best option
To rent rooms in Oxford University Colleges
For airbnb.com where you can rent apartments, cottages, houses, or even just a room in a house often at very good value, especially if a number of you are clubbing together
For more cottages in the area
For accommodation in the Cotswold area just north of Oxford (including hotels, B&B, cottages, Farmhouse stays, camping etc), you can also try these links: Link 1 Link 2