Gods Playing In The Clouds Retreat
Early Summer Retreat:
Introducing & Developing Spiralling Energy Body Qigong
June 1st - 5th 2019
South Leigh Hall, Just Outside Oxford
Early Bird Booking by May 10th (see Below for Details)
Spiralling Energy Body (SEB) is the clear exposition of the theory and practice of the complete energy work powering Taoist Qi practices. It can be thought of as their “energy engine”
It is first necessary to learn Energy Gates Qigong. But on its own, Energy Gates is partial and incomplete. Having learned the “water” or a more yin approach in Energy Gates, SEB then balances and completes the practice through fully demonstrating how yin (water) and yang (fire) energies manifest, interact and balance in points, channels and the energetic field. Energy Gates practice alone is not balanced and overly yin - it is completed and balanced in SEB. SEB is only overly yang or fiery if it is poorly understood and practiced - its purpose among others is in fact to fully balance our energy
In this retreat, we will show very precisely how to understand and perform SEB to balance yin and yang energy, and then how to develop our energy system on the basis of this balance. Beginners are welcome on the proviso that they intend to attend a training in SEB with B.K. Frantzis. More advanced practitioners will clarify their knowledge and take their practice substantially further, including developing how "the mind moves the chi, the chi moves the body"
Other Aspects We Will Explore:
- Clarity on the nature of yin and yang energy
- How SEB balances the softness, cohesiveness and groundedness of yin energies with the liveliness and connectivity of yang energies. This resolves excessive yin energies such as stagnancy, apathy, introvertedness and detachment, and excessive yang energies such as agitation, obsessive compulsiveness, and a lack of centre
- How SEB particularly strengthens the heart and circulation
- How SEB enables much greater development of stillness and relaxation when outputting energies of any kind at gradually greater intensity, suddenness and change of direction (SEB is central to Ba Gua Chang). This core meditative aspect of SEB can enable us to more easily and effectively integrate our presence, centeredness and relaxation into the endless movements and demands on our energy which make up life. We will explore this
EMAIL ME IF YOU'D LIKE TO BOOK OR IF YOU HAVE ANY QUERIES
The teacher, Gio Maschio, has been OK’d by Bruce to introduce Spiralling Energy Body publicly. He has been teaching for 25 years and running regular retreats since 2004, focusing on self-healing and meditation. He is one of BK Frantzis most experienced students, certified to teach all Energy Arts subjects, has studied with a number of other teachers and masters especially in the field of meditation, and is founder of the Qigong for Acupuncturists course at the UK's largest college of Chinese medicine, running the program for 15 years. He also hosts Bruce's yearly retreats on qigong and meditation in Oxford
South Leigh Village Hall a beautiful, light, warm hall with large private garden and outside seating in a quiet village just north of Oxford. Free parking is available.
If you don't have a car, lifts will be available from Oxford town centre from other participants at the event, contact me if you need a lift
For the weekend we will be going to Worton Organic Farm for an excellent lunch in a beautiful, nearby, natural place. This will need to be booked in advance!
There is a also good gastropub in South Leigh itself, two minutes walk away.
People can also bring their own supplies, we have a very good kitchen and fridge available.
Timing of the Days:
10.30am - 6.00pm. We may vary this a little depending of what attendees prefer
Booking, Early Bird Payment & Discounts:
Early Bird Full Payment by May 10th!
£75 for the first, second and third day you attend
£60 for the fourth and fifth days
- First Oxinar Workshop? 10% Discount
- Full time students pay £55 per day throughout
- Long-Time Regular Attendees: 10% Discount (regular attendees of seminars and retreats for the last 2+ years)
Prices After May 10th:
Add 15% to the Early Bird prices.
Discounts no longer apply other than discount offered if this is your first workshop
N.B. If you have any difficulties booking by the Early Bird cut-off date or if you cannot afford the full fee but would like to attend please email me
Places to Stay:
Here are some useful links for places to stay in and around Oxford, N.B. there is often a map option and several search filters which are very helpful. If you are interested in sharing accommodation, let us know and we will put you in touch with others. Occasionally local participants at retreats have also some room at their houses, if you are interested let us know
- For self-catering, B&B, camping, hotels etc, try these links: Link 1 Link 2. If you're looking into backpackers etc, the YHA is much the best option
- To rent rooms in Oxford University Colleges
- For airbnb.com where you can rent apartments, cottages, houses, or even just a room in a house often at very good value, especially if a number of you are clubbing together
- For more cottages in the area
- For accommodation in the Cotswold area just north of Oxford (including hotels, B&B, cottages, Farmhouse stays, camping etc), you can also try these links: Link 1 Link 2
PLEASE EMAIL ME TO BOOK OR IF YOU HAVE ANY QUERIES
Keep very well!