Gods Playing In The Clouds Retreat
Special 9 Day Event
Fire & Water in Cloud Hands & Heaven & Earth Qigong
We’re taking advantage of this bank holiday week to hold a 9-day retreat while taking only 4 days off work. 9-Day Retreats enable us to learn material more thoroughly at a slower pace, and to have much more time to practice, rest and digest the material as we go along, so that we really “get” it without push or tension. It is a far better format for learning qigong. This is very, very helpful particularly for this retreat
In this retreat we will integrate complete chi-work (Spiralling Energy Body) with complete fluid and tissue work (Heaven & Earth Qigong). Done together these open the body, energy and mind naturally and without force, powering nearly all the internal work in qigong and t’ai chi, and forming what is indeed complete qigong practice on a simple and relaxed holistic basis. To the extent that it can easily be integrated by participants, we will also explore this in Cloud Hands Qigong
- All are welcome with at least 6 months’ experience at Oxinar or equivalent - please email me if you have any queries on this
- You may attend as many days as you like, but must begin on Day 1 unless you are experienced in all aspects of the retreat
- We will form groups when needed so everyone may progress at their ideal pace
- Those new to Spiralling will focus more on fluid and dissolving workin standing, breathing and mainly Heaven & Earth Qigong, which will be fabulous also
About the Qigongs:
Heaven & Earth Qigong integrates taoist breathing and standing energy postures within two key fluid-pumping movements, and is probably the most direct and effective qigong practice for everyday use and everyday issues, be they health or sporting. It also forms the foundation of Bend the Bow Spinal Qigong.
Spiralling Energy Body is the the complete energy work powering Taoist Qi practices. It can be thought of as their “energy engine”. All qigong forms rely on spiralling to reach their full potential. This is because the entire structure of the body, from the tissues to the fluids to the cells themselves, is formed and powered on the basis of circular energy movement. It is impossible to fully heal the spine on the basis of linear movement, and circular spiralling movement opens up whole new possibilities for healing and natural movement, especially if done not only at the level of the tissues but especially at the level of energy itself.
For those who are well versed in the above two practices and are familiar with Cloud Hands Qigong also, we will also integrate Cloud Hands, a foundational fluid practice which examines the pumping and circulating of fluids as we move and turn from side to side, whilst relaxing our mind and chi. This mimics our main movement practice in life, walking, developing our walking’s ability to circulate all fluids more fully as we relax. With the material in Heaven & Earth Qigong, it also forms the basis of T’ai Chi Chuan. Beginners will work with aspects of this also, as seems to be of benefit individually.
- All retreats will be taught integrating meditation, some more so, others less so, depending on whether the qigong material is newer & more demanding for participants
- Everyone will benefit from individual corrections and suggestions
- I may run a Friday evening workshop the day before the retreat for those who are newer or less familiar with working with their fluids. Please let me know if you are interested asap!
EMAIL ME IF YOU'D LIKE TO BOOK OR IF YOU HAVE ANY QUERIES
The teacher, Gio Maschio, has been teaching for 25 years and running regular retreats since 2004, focusing on self-healing and meditation. He is one of BK Frantzis most experienced students certified to teach all Energy Arts subjects, has studied with a number of other teachers and masters especially in the field of meditation, and is founder of the Qigong for Acupuncturists course at the UK's largest college of Chinese medicine, running the program for 15 years. He was OK’d by Bruce to introduce Spiralling Energy Body publicly in preparation for Bruce’s Oxford Spiralling Retreat in 2018, having already clarified and developed Spiralling Energy Body with intermediate students at Oxford Internal Arts over several years. He also hosts Bruce's yearly retreats on qigong and meditation in Oxford
South Leigh Village Hall a beautiful, light, warm hall with large private garden in a quiet village just north of Oxford, with free parking available.
If you don't have a car, lifts will be available from Oxford town centre from other participants at the event, contact me if you need a lift
On Saturdays we will visit nearby Worton Organic Farm for an excellent lunch in a beautiful, nearby, natural place. This will need to be booked in advance!
The rest of the days a fresh organic lunch will be cooked for us at our venue in South Hinksey by Enrico, former chef at Worton Farm.
There is a good gastro pub in South Leigh itself, two minutes walk away.
People can also bring their own supplies, we have a kitchen and fridge available
Timing of the Days:
10.30am - 6.00pm.
We may vary this a little depending of what attendees prefer
Booking, Early Bird Payment & Discounts:
Early Bird Full Payment by April 27th!
£75/day for the first four days you attend
£60/day for the remaining days
- First Oxinar Workshop? 10% Discount
- Long-Time Regular Attendees: 10% Discount (regular attendees of seminars and retreats for the last 2+ years)
- Full time students pay £55 per day throughout
Prices After April 27th:
- Add 15% to the Early Bird prices
- Discounts no longer apply other than discount offered if this is your first workshop
N.B. If you have any difficulties booking by the Early Bird cut-off date or if you cannot afford the full fee but would like to attend please email me
Places to Stay:
Here are some useful links for places to stay in and around Oxford, N.B. there is often a map option and several search filters which are very helpful. If you are interested in sharing accommodation, let us know and we will put you in touch with others. Occasionally local participants at retreats have also some room at their houses, if you are interested let us know
- For self-catering, B&B, camping, hotels etc, try these links: Link 1 Link 2. If you're looking into backpackers etc, the YHA is much the best option
- To rent rooms in Oxford University Colleges
- For airbnb.com where you can rent apartments, cottages, houses, or even just a room in a house often at very good value, especially if a number of you are clubbing together
- For more cottages in the area
- For accommodation in the Cotswold area just north of Oxford (including hotels, B&B, cottages, Farmhouse stays, camping etc), you can also try these links: Link 1 Link 2
PLEASE EMAIL ME TO BOOK OR IF YOU HAVE ANY QUERIES
Keep very well!