Taoist Foundation Retreat
July 4th - 8th:
Bend the Bow Spinal Qigong:
Bend the Bow Spinal Qigong is a very simple, condensed form devised to enable us to rebalance ourselves at the very deepest levels of our body and energy. Being the metal element in BK Frantzis system, it’s emphasis is very much on clarity and perfecting, through balancing and therefore unifying our whole system. It is the detail, the nitty gritty which makes all the difference in our system as a whole, bringing our beginner-intermediate level qigong to intermediate-advanced practitioner level
- All are welcome with at least 6 months’ experience at Oxinar or equivalent
- You may come to as many days as you like, but starting at the beginning. The more the better, but even a day or two is helpful
The work begins by balancing and perfecting all the internal work (nei gung) contained within Energy Gates and Heaven and Earth Qigong, and eventually also Spiralling Energy Body Qigong. On the way we begin to balance hips, knees, ankles, feet, toes, psoas, connective tissues and all the fluids in the body. We then progress this steadily deeper through the layers of the body, fluids and chi, gradually fusing all the above with the spine, organs, spinal cord and eventually the brain and glands. These deeper stages are accessed through greatly developing internal awareness, especially of the spine and spinal cord, one of the key tasks in Bend the Bow Qigong. We will also begin / develop Reverse or “Pre-Birth” Breathing, which is integral to Bend the Bow Qigong.
- All retreats will be taught integrating meditation, some more so, others less so, depending on whether the qigong material is newer & more demanding for participants
- Everyone will benefit from individual corrections and suggestions
- We will form groups as needed so everyone may progress at their ideal pace
- I may run a Friday evening workshop the day before the retreat for those who are newer or less familiar with working with their fluids. Please let me know if you are interested asap!
The teacher, Gio Maschio, has been running regular retreats since 2004 and teaching for 25 years, focusing on self-healing and meditation. He is one of BK Frantzis most experienced students certified to teach all Energy Arts subjects, has studied with a number of other teachers and masters, and is founder of the Qigong for Acupuncturists course at the UK's largest college of Chinese medicine. He also hosts Bruce's yearly retreats on qigong and meditation in Oxford. Having badly damaged his spine and many related systems during the whole of his teens, he is very well versed in the challenges of working with Bend the Bow Qigong.
South Leigh Village Hall a beautiful, light, warm hall with large private garden and outside seating in a quiet village just north of Oxford. Free parking is available.
If you don't have a car, lifts will be available from Oxford town centre from other participants at the event, contact me if you need a lift
For the weekend we will be going to Worton Organic Farm for an excellent lunch in a beautiful, nearby, natural place. This will need to be booked in advance!
There is a also good gastropub in South Leigh itself, two minutes walk away.
People can also bring their own supplies, we have a very good kitchen and fridge available.
Timing of the Days:
10.30am - 6.00pm. We may vary this a little depending of what attendees prefer
Booking, Early Bird Payment & Discounts:
Early Bird Full Payment by June 8th!
£75/day for the first, second and third day you attend
£60/day for the fourth and fifth days
- First Oxinar Workshop? 10% Discount
- Full time students pay £55 per day throughout
- Long-Time Regular Attendees: 10% Discount (regular attendees of seminars and retreats for the last 2+ years)
Prices After June 8th:
Add 15% to the Early Bird prices.
Discounts no longer apply other than discount offered if this is your first workshop
N.B. If you have any difficulties booking by the Early Bird cut-off date or if you cannot afford the full fee but would like to attend please email me
Places to Stay:
Here are some useful links for places to stay in and around Oxford, N.B. there is often a map option and several search filters which are very helpful. If you are interested in sharing accommodation, let us know and we will put you in touch with others. Occasionally local participants at retreats have also some room at their houses, if you are interested let us know
- For self-catering, B&B, camping, hotels etc, try these links: Link 1 Link 2. If you're looking into backpackers etc, the YHA is much the best option
- To rent rooms in Oxford University Colleges
- For airbnb.com where you can rent apartments, cottages, houses, or even just a room in a house often at very good value, especially if a number of you are clubbing together
- For more cottages in the area
- For accommodation in the Cotswold area just north of Oxford (including hotels, B&B, cottages, Farmhouse stays, camping etc), you can also try these links: Link 1 Link 2
PLEASE EMAIL ME TO BOOK OR IF YOU HAVE ANY QUERIES
Keep very well!