Autumn Seminar: Strengthening Your System for Winter
February 29th - March 4th:
The Water Element & Dissolving in Taoist Breathing, Cloud Hands & Heaven & Earth Qigong
The foundation of health, movement and energy work in qigong and t’ai chi
This retreat will focus on working with your fluids within Taoist Breathing, Cloud Hands Qigong and Heaven & Earth Qigong. This forms the foundation for health, movement and energy work in qigong and t’ai chi.
All qigong practices including t’ai chi act specifically as fluid pumps, circulating blood, lymph, and interstitial, synovial, and cerebro-spinal fluids around the body. Most neigung (internal work) elements flow naturally from this fluid circulation (e.g. the pulsing of the joints, the lengthening of the tissues). Fluids are also the main carriers of energy in the body, and their quality is naturally resonant with the practice of “dissolving”, or the relaxing of tensions at the level of the mind and chi directly.
Working in this simple, holistic way avoids over-complexifying and controlling practice, enabling genuine deep relaxation at all levels and greatly increased function in general, where details are folded into the whole in a relaxed and natural way.
- All are welcome with at least 6 months’ experience at Oxinar or equivalent
- You may come to as many days as you like, but starting at the beginning. The more the better, but even a day or two is helpful
Heaven & Earth Qigong integrates taoist breathing and standing energy postures within its two essential pumping movements and is probably the most direct and effective qigong practice for everyday use and everyday issues, be they health or sporting. It also forms the foundation of Bend the Bow Spinal Qigong.
Cloud Hands Qigong, a foundational practice which examines the circulating of fluids as we move and turn from side to side. This mimics our main movement practice in life, walking, developing our walking’s ability to circulate all fluids more fully. Together with Heaven & Earth Qigong it is also the basis of T’ai Chi Chuan.
Taoist Breathing re-integrates the breathing process with its function also as a fluid pump circulating fluids and energy throughout the body, especially the internal organs, intestines and spine.
Outer dissolving of bound energies, which is naturally related to the quality of fluids, will be explored throughout the retreat.
- All retreats will be taught integrating meditation, some more so, others less so, depending on whether the qigong material is newer & more demanding for participants or not
- Everyone will benefit from individual corrections and suggestions
- We may form groups when needed so everyone may progress at their ideal pace
- I may run a Friday evening workshop the day before the retreat for those who are newer or less familiar with working with their fluids. Please let me know if you are interested asap!
EMAIL ME IF YOU'D LIKE TO BOOK OR IF YOU HAVE ANY QUERIES
The teacher, Gio Maschio, has been and teaching for nearly 25 years and running regular retreats since 2004, focusing on self-healing and meditation. He is one of BK Frantzis most experienced students certified to teach all Energy Arts subjects, is founder of the Qigong for Acupuncturists course at the UK's largest college of Chinese medicine, and has studied with a number of other teachers and masters especially in the field of meditation. He also hosts Bruce's yearly retreats on qigong and meditation in Oxford
South Leigh Village Hall a beautiful, light, warm hall with large private garden in a quiet village just north of Oxford, with free parking available.
If you don't have a car, lifts will be available from Oxford town centre from other participants at the event, contact me if you need a lift
On Saturday we will visit nearby Worton Organic Farm for an excellent lunch in a beautiful, nearby, natural place. This will need to be booked in advance!
The rest of the days a fresh organic lunch will be cooked for us at our venue in South Hinksey by Enrico, former chef at Worton Farm.
There is a good gastro pub in South Leigh itself, two minutes walk away.
People can also bring their own supplies, we have a kitchen and fridge available
Timing of the Days:
10.30am - 6.00pm.
We may vary this a little depending of what attendees prefer
Booking, Early Bird Payment & Discounts:
Early Bird Full Payment by February 1st!
£75/day for the first, second and third day you attend
£60/day for the fourth and fifth days
- First Oxinar Workshop? 10% Discount
- Long-Time Regular Attendees: 10% Discount (regular attendees of seminars and retreats for the last 2+ years)
- Full time students pay £55 per day throughout
Prices After February 1st:
- Add 15% to the Early Bird prices
- Discounts no longer apply other than discount offered if this is your first workshop
N.B. If you have any difficulties booking by the Early Bird cut-off date or if you cannot afford the full fee but would like to attend please email me
Places to Stay:
Here are some useful links for places to stay in and around Oxford, N.B. there is often a map option and several search filters which are very helpful. If you are interested in sharing accommodation, let us know and we will put you in touch with others. Occasionally local participants at retreats have also some room at their houses, if you are interested let us know
- For self-catering, B&B, camping, hotels etc, try these links: Link 1 Link 2. If you're looking into backpackers etc, the YHA is much the best option
- To rent rooms in Oxford University Colleges
- For airbnb.com where you can rent apartments, cottages, houses, or even just a room in a house often at very good value, especially if a number of you are clubbing together
- For more cottages in the area
- For accommodation in the Cotswold area just north of Oxford (including hotels, B&B, cottages, Farmhouse stays, camping etc), you can also try these links: Link 1 Link 2
PLEASE EMAIL ME TO BOOK OR IF YOU HAVE ANY QUERIES
Keep very well!