Bend the Bow Spinal Qigong
St Hugh’s College Oxford
October 19th -23rd
For decades many people with bad backs and necks have asked me, “ What qigong should I do?” My answer is always the same “Bend the Bow”
For the first time in many years, Bruce will teach an entire retreat of Bend the Bow Spinal Qigong, an advanced qigong program that focuses on regenerating and strengthening the spine.
In effect, Bend the Bow Spinal Qigong is the second part of the Marriage of Heaven and Earth Qigong. It is also the foundation for the deeper 3 tantien work of Gods Playing in the Clouds Qigong. In Bend the Bow, you learn to embody advanced neigong (nei gung) components to control, strengthen and regenerate the chi energies of the spine and heal severe back problems by developing natural abilities not presently believed to be possible in Western medicine.
Bend the Bow is initially composed of 7 distinct and progressively more sophisticated levels:
1. A Spine stretch and other simple warm ups to loosen the spine and relax the nervous system
2. Physical basics, including technically precise physical movements and reverse breathing techniques to begin the process of working with spinal energy
3. Energy basics:
- Linking together the physical and energetic movements of the internal organs to the proper opening and closing movement of the spinal vertebrae and all your joints
- Opening and closing all your spinal vertebrae simultaneously as one integrated unit
- Regulating the fluids that surround your spinal cord and brain
4. Pulsing the space between each spinal vertebra:
- Moving each vertebra independently, one by one, in any direction you choose, without external physical motion
- Becoming aware of and correcting general left and right imbalances in the body and in the spinal vertebrae in particular
5. How to generally apply and integrate Bend the Bow within the internal martial arts of tai chi, hsing-i and bagua, and other qigong
6. Working with the 3 energies within the spinal cord and cerebrospinal fluid
7. Using the energies within the spinal cord to open the upper tantien (kundalini energy)
Bruce and his Instructors will teach two different groups of students. Group 1 is open to beginners: however, it is highly recommended that people intending to come to this retreat attend a retreat in Heaven & Earth Qigong with a certified Energy Arts instructor beforehand, or at least have a background in the alignment work of Energy Gates Qigong. Group 2 requires you to have at least 5-10 years exposure to and regular practice of Bend the Bow Qigong. As the spine is delicate, it is essential participants develop this practice carefully and developmentally.
For payment and further details please go to the Energy Arts website here